- Promotion Rules
1.1 The Hi-Q TyreSurance® Damage Guarantee Campaign (the “Promotion”) will run from 08h00 on 18 November 2020 and will continue while stocks of tyres last. No offer will be made before the start date of the promotion.
1.2 The Promotion is open to all South African citizens or permanent residents who are over 18 years of age, except for directors, members, partners, employees of Hi-Q Automotive (Pty) Ltd, and any of its affiliated companies (the “Organiser”), and its advertising and/or promotion agencies, consultants and business partners, outlet owners, retailers and wholesalers that form part of the promotion, including any of their immediate families.
- Eligibility requirements
2.1 To be eligible to receive the TyreSurance® damage guarantee offered as part of this Promotion, a customer must purchase Goodyear branded Passenger tyres, being either Car, SUV or 4×4 (“Promotional Tyres”), which must be purchased by way of a single transaction at a Hi-Q Outlet during the Promotion period.
2.2 The Promotional Tyres must be fitted in store on the date of the purchase and registered within 30 days of purchase for TyreSurance® at www.hiq.co.za.
2.3 The TyreSurance® damage guarantee offered, is only valid on the first 8500 Promotional Tyres sold within the promotional period and registered for TyreSurance® at www.hiq.co.za within 30 days.
2.4 The TyreSurance® damage guarantee offered in terms of the Promotion is limited to the value noted on the original Hi-Q sales invoice or maximum R6,000.00 incl. VAT per tyre, whichever is the lesser.
2.5 Fitting, balancing, alignment, valves and related services are excluded from the purchase.
2.6 The TyreSurance® damage guarantee offered is not transferrable, exchangeable or redeemable for cash, either in whole or in part.
2.7 The TyreSurance® damage guarantee will not be offered to the customer for any wholesaling or interbranch transfers.
3.1 In the event of any dispute arising with regard to the Promotion and/or these Promotional Rules including the interpretation thereof, the decision of the Organisers is final and binding and no correspondence will be entered into.
3.2 The Promotion is conducted in accordance with the laws of the Republic of South Africa. Should any of these Promotional Rules be deemed void or unenforceable, then that portion will be deemed to be deleted and the remaining rules will remain in force.
3.3 The Organisers reserve the right to amend these Promotional Rules in their sole discretion should they consider this appropriate, before the Promotion closes, and any such amendment(s) shall be posted on the Hi-Q website www.hiq.co.za
3.4 The customer acknowledges and hereby consents to the Organisers and the Hi-Q Outlets collecting certain personal information about the customer for the purposes of this Promotion, including the customer’s identity/passport number and contact details such as telephone number(s) and email address(es). The Organisers and the Hi-Q Outlets undertake not to sell, use or share this information to or with third parties, or for any other purpose other than related to this Promotion, unless we have received your prior written consent, but may disclose the information if required by law.
3.5 The Organisers and/or the Hi-Q Outlets may require the customer to be identified and photographed and may publish such photographs in print and/or social media, or to appear on radio and television, when accepting the “TyreSurance® damage guarantee”. The customer will be given the opportunity to decline the publication of their images and to participate in such promotional marketing material prior to Hi-Q using any material for the purpose as above mentioned.
3.6 The Organisers reserve the right to cancel, suspend or terminate the Promotion at any time. The Organisers shall have no liability whatsoever to the customer and/or third party arising from or as a consequence of such cancellation, suspension or termination.
3.7 To the fullest extent permitted by law:
3.7.1 neither the Organisers nor the Hi-Q Outlets shall be liable for any: claims, damages or losses (whether direct, indirect, general, special, incidental, consequential or punitive), expenses or costs (including, without limitation, costs on an attorney and own client scale) or injuries of whatsoever nature (together referred to as “Losses”), suffered by the customer or any third party arising from or as a result of this Promotion (whether directly or indirectly) and/or the customer’s participation in this Promotion; and
3.7.2 the customer indemnifies and holds harmless the Organisers and the Hi-Q Outlets against any Losses, howsoever caused or arising.
3.8 To the fullest extent permitted by law, the customer accepts the TyreSurance® damage guarantee at the customer’s own risk and expressly agrees that neither the Organisers nor the Hi-Q Outlets will be liable in any way for any costs incurred by the customer in claiming their TyreSurance® damage guarantee.
3.9 TyreSurance® terms and conditions apply.
TyreSurance® Terms and Conditions:
Cover and Benefits
- Covers irreparable damage* to any tyre/s** (purchased and registered within 30 days) from any Hi-Q Dealer Countrywide as a result of an unforeseen event caused by a road hazard*** within South Africa.
- Cover period: For 2 (two) years from the date reflected on your Hi-Q invoice or until the tread depth is less than 2mm, whichever event is the sooner.
- Maximum claim value per tyre is limited to that value noted on the original Hi-Q sales invoice or R6,000.00 incl. VAT, whichever is the lesser.
- A credit will be issued to contribute towards the purchase of a new tyre** as determined by Hi-Q and in accordance with the claim’s matrix (if the TopUp benefit has been elected, the claims matrix will not apply).
- Claims replacement by Hi-Q Dealers only.
What is not covered
- Tyres not registered within 30 days of the date reflected on the original sales invoice, or tyres damaged prior to registration. Note that no tyre may be registered if it has been damaged before it was registered, regardless as to whether it still falls within 30 days of the date reflected on the original sales invoice.
- Damage reported after 30 days have elapsed from the date of the incident which caused the damage.
- Damage occurring after the expiry of a period of 24 calendar months from the date of purchase of the tyres as reflected on the original Hi-Q sales invoice.
- Damage where a tyre fitment centre other than a Hi-Q Dealer is used to replace damaged tyres.
- Puncture repairs or anything deemed by Hi-Q to be repairable. Hi-Q will have the final say as to whether the tyre is to be replaced or not and Hi-Q’s the decision is final.
- Damage to tyres as a result of motor vehicle accident.
- Tyres not classified as defined herein.
- Any damage other than that of the actual tyre itself.
- Damage resulting from any other cause other than a road hazard as defined herein.
- Manufacturer failure or fault i.e. anything that may be covered by the tyre manufacturer’s warranty.
- Normal wear and usage.
- Flat spots, uneven wear e.g. caused by harsh breaking, lack of maintenance etc.
- Tyres that have been retreaded and any other form of tyre not sold in its original manufactured condition.
- Tyres with a tread depth of less than 2 millimetres; regardless of the tyre’s age.
- More than one claim per tyre.
- Tyres not fitted to the original vehicle with registration/VIN number not matching that noted at the time of registration for the TyreSurance® benefit.
- Damage incurred outside the Republic of South Africa.
- Tyre/s not damaged on any public and private road within SA (incl. asphalt, gravel, sand etc.). That is, damage caused while passenger vehicles are used on any other surface e.g. 4×4 driver training, 4×4 trails, racetracks etc.
- Damage to tyre/s whilst being used for performance shows, racing, exhibitions, 4×4 driver training, 4×4 trails, racetracks.
- Replacement of any other undamaged tyres also fitted to the vehicle that may have to be replaced as well due to tread depths that are no longer the same.
* Damage to a tyre, which damage cannot be repaired e.g. sidewall cuts, tears, bubbles etc. Anything else is excluded e.g. punctures and cost to repair, normal tyre wear, flat spots as a result of harsh braking etc.
** All passenger tyres including Sedans, Bakkies, Taxis, SUV’s, 4×4’s, LDV’s, Caravans and Trailers (excluding re-tread tyres, tyres larger than 750/16 and vehicles not registered in South Africa).
*** A hazard of whatever nature on a road, including but not limited to, potholes, debris (e.g. glass, steel) etc. Damage to a tyre as a result of a car accident is excluded as this cover is provided by the comprehensive cover for cars given by insurance companies.
By registering for TyreSurance®, or electing the TopUp benefit, you agree to and have accepted all Terms & Conditions.
Hi-Q reserves the right to change, add, suspend, cancel, remove or otherwise modify any benefit, term, condition etc. at any time and without prior notice. Any revisions will be shall be noted herein.