Cover and Benefits
- Covers irreparable damage* to any passenger** tyre/s purchased from a Hi-Q TyreSurance Approved Dealer (regardless of brand) as a result of an unforeseen event caused by a road hazard*** within South Africa.
- Cover period: 2 (two) years from date of purchase as reflected on the Hi-Q sales invoice.
- Maximum claim value is limited to R6,000.00 incl. VAT per tyre.
- A credit will be issued to contribute towards the purchase of a new passenger** tyre as determined by Hi-Q.
- Claims replacement by any Hi-Q Dealer.
What is not covered
- Passenger** tyre’s not registered within 30 days of the date reflected on the original sales invoice.
- Damage reported after 30 days have elapsed from the date of the incident which caused the damage.
- Damage occurring after the expiry of a period of 24 calendar months from the date of purchase of the passenger** tyre’s.
- Damage where a tyre fitment centre other than a Hi-Q Dealer is used to replace the passenger** tyre’s.
- Puncture repairs (or anything deemed reparable).
- Damage to tyres as a result of motor vehicle accident.
- Tyres not classified as ‘Passenger**’ i.e. commercial, farming etc.
- Consequential damage to the passenger** tyre or otherwise.
- Damage resulting from cleaning, repair, dyeing, bleaching, alteration or restoration.
- Manufacturer failure or inherent vice or defect etc. (i.e. anything that may be covered by the tyre manufacturer’s warranty).
- Wear or gradual deterioration.
- Flat spots i.e. caused by harsh breaking etc.
- Re-treaded and any other form of tyre not sold in its original manufactured condition.
- More than one claim per passenger** tyre.
- Damage incurred outside the Republic of South Africa.
- Passenger** tyre/s not damaged on any public and private road within SA (incl. asphalt, gravel, sand etc.). That is, damage caused while passenger vehicles are used on any other surface e.g. 4×4 driver training, 4×4 trails, race tracks etc.
- Damage to passenger** tyre/s whilst being used for performance shows, racing, exhibitions, 4×4 driver training, 4×4 trails, race tracks.
* Damage to a passenger** tyre, which damage cannot be repaired e.g. side-wall cuts, tears, bubbles etc. Anything else is excluded e.g. punctures and cost to repair, normal tyre wear, flat spots as a result of harsh braking etc.
** All passenger tyres including sedans, bakkies, taxis, SUV’s, 4×4’s and LDV’s. Excludes all retread tyres, as well as tyres designed for commercial use.
*** A hazard of whatever nature on a road, including but not limited to, potholes, debris (e.g. glass, steel) etc. Damage to a tyre as a result of a car accident is excluded as this cover is provided by the comprehensive cover for cars given by insurance companies.
By registering for TyreSurance, you agree to and have accepted all Terms & Conditions.
Hi-Q reserves the right to change, add, suspend, cancel, remove or otherwise modify any benefit, term, condition etc. at any time and without prior notice. Any revisions will be shall be noted herein.